- Photography by Devin Richter
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Recipe by: Elizabeth Mayberry of OakandOats.com
Makes 1 quart
Active Time: 15 minutes
Chilling Time: Several hours
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tablespoons peppermint extract
½ cup superfine sugar
4 ounce bar of dark chocolate
- In a pan, heat up the milk and whipping cream on medium heat until it simmers. Remove from heat and add in the peppermint extract.
- In a separate bowl, whip the eggs and sugar together until fluffy.
- Slowly add the simmering milk mixture to the eggs and continue whisking together.
- Once all mixed, set in fridge until completely cool (4–6 hours).
- Using a knife, cut up the candy bar into chocolate slivers.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker, add chocolate slivers, and follow manufacturer’s instructions (usually let mix about 20–30 minutes.)
- Enjoy right away for a soft serve taste, or place in freezer proof container and let freeze for at least five hours to achieve an ice cream consistency.